Shun Premier 12-Piece Knife Set
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
The Shun Premier collection is distinguished by hand-hammered blades and walnut PakkaWood handles that evoke the artistry of traditional hand-forged knives. Handcrafted in Japan, the blades are thin and lightweight. This 12-piece set goes beyond the basics with a full complement of cutlery for the home cook, including specialized Japanese knives, a honing steel and sleek wooden storage block.
- Blades feature a core of VG-MAX "super steel" clad on each side with 69 microthin layers of stainless steel.
- The striking hand-hammered finish (tsuchime in Japanese) reduces drag when cutting and helps to quickly release food from the blade.
- Walnut-finish PakkaWood handles offer a two-position design, providing a trigger grip for pull cuts and the perfect balance point for a pinch grip.
- Stainless-steel end caps embossed with the Shun logo add stability, strength and wide weight distribution from end to end.
12-Piece Set includes:
- 3" vegetable knife.
- 4" paring knife.
- 4 1/2" honesuki knife.
- 5 1/2" santoku.
- 6" ultimate utility knife.
- 6 1/2" serrated utility knife.
- 6 1/2" nakiri knife.
- 8" chef's knife.
- 9" bread knife.
- Honing steel.
- Kitchen shears.
- 22-slot bamboo block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3" Vegetable Knife: 3"-long blade; 5 3/4"-long handle; 2.6 oz.
- 4" Paring Knife: 4"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 2.4 oz.
- 4 1/2" Honesuki: 4 1/2"-long blade; 7"-long handle; 4.64 oz.
- 5 1/2" Santoku: 5 1/2"-long blade; 6"-long handle; 5.44 oz.
- 6" Ultimate Utility Knife: 6"-long blade; 6"-long handle; 5.76 oz.
- 6 1/2" Serrated Utility Knife: 6 "-long blade; 5 1/4"-long handle; 3.2 oz.
- 6 1/2" Nakiri: 6 1/2"-long blade; 6 1/2"-long handle; 6.72 oz.
- 8" Chef's Knife: 8"-long blade; 6"-long handle; 7.84 oz.
- 9" Bread Knife: 9"-long blade; 6 3/4"-long handle; 8.64 oz.
- Honing Steel: 9"-long rod; 5"-long handle; 10.56 oz.
- Kitchen Shears: 9" long.
- 22-slot Bamboo Block: 13" x 6 1/2" x 9 1/2" high.
- Knives made in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.