Shun Kanso Brisket Slicer Knife
- Special Offer
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Influenced by the Zen principle of simplicity, the Shun Kanso collection was designed with only the indispensable elements in mind: high-performance steel, razor-sharp edges, perfect balance and precision handling. Plainly put: With this knife, nothing is lacking and nothing is superfluous. Ideal for trimming and slicing larger cuts of meat, Shun's Kanso brisket knife features a long, narrow blade that slices meat in a single pass, ensuring that more of the juices and flavor stay inside the meat. A perfect tool for a barbecue or family feast, it makes easy work of carving turkey, ham and brisket.
- Long, narrow blade enables an elegant slice in a single pass.
- Rounded tip makes the knife safer and easier to use.
- Blade of highly refined, high-carbon vanadium stainless steel takes and holds a razor-sharp edge.
- Heritage-finish blade provides a rustic look that hides scratches and improves with age.
- Angled handle is made of dark tagayasan, known as "iron sword wood," an extremely dense wood traditionally used to make Samurai sword handles.
- Includes wooden saya, a protective beechwood sheath.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12"-long blade.
- 5"-long handle.
- 3.8 oz.
- Full-tang construction for balance and strength.
- Bolsterless design.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mira from Shun brisket Best so far. I have other German sliding knife, but this is much better. Sliding to perfection any meat. Buying one more for gift to my friend. Easy thin, like shaved prim rib got Crhristmas dinner. Amazing knife. One month owner.Date published: 2018-12-27