Shun Fuji Slicing Knife
- Special Offer
The razor-sharpness and lightness of the Shun Fuji blade, combined with masterful control and balance in the hand, allow this knife to carve a clean, thin slice in a single stroke. Inspired by the high-performance knives used by Japanese chefs, our exclusive Shun Fuji collection represents the very best in Japanese cutlery craftsmanship.
- Developed for the experienced cook who prefers the lightness and razor sharpness of Eastern-style blades.
- Handcrafted with 161-layer Damascus construction.
- The blade's core of SG2 steel is clad on each side with 80 alternating layers of nickel and stainless steel.
- Handle is dark tagayasan wood, an extremely dense wood traditionally used in Japan to make samurai sword handles.
- The double chestnut handle shape has finger ridges on both sides for a comfortable, ambidextrous grip.
- End cap made of polished Damascus steel.
- Shun Fuji collection won the “Kitchen Knife of the Year Award” at the U.S. 2011 Blade Show for the best in new product quality and design.
- 160 handcrafted steps to produce each Fuji knife.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9"-long blade.
- 5 1/4"-long handle.
- 5 1/2" oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Want2Bcook from Solid performer I made a 9.5lb prime-rib for Christmas and this knife was awesome. I'm not used to long blades but that didn't seem to matter. This knife was easy to use. Moved when I wanted it to and stayed put when I didn't. Made smooth even slices of beef. It was great. Made me want to cook roasts more often.Date published: 2015-01-14