Shun Classic Offset Bread Knife
- Special Offer
Produced by Japan's leading blade manufacturer, this specialized knife has a scalloped blade that cuts easily through crisp bread crusts without compressing the delicate interiors. An offset handle provides optimal leverage and keeps knuckles out of harm's way.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Designed to cut easily through the crusts of breads and rolls without squashing the delicate interiors.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9"-long blade.
- 5"-long handle.
- 7 3/4 oz.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CulinaryCailliers from Great bread knife We purchased 9 different Shun knives and have been satisfied with all of them. Shun makes a care kit for their knives (WS sells it) and it extends the lives of the knives. WS will sharpen them for you but you can send them to Shun and they will sharpen for free and do any repair work if needed. This bread knife does a great job and with the bad being lower then the handle it makes bread slicing easy.Date published: 2017-06-13Rated 5 out of 5 by TuanCanCook from This is one sharp knife! This is an odd looking knife but oh so good! I already own several Shun Classic knives and this offset bread knife is a welcome addition. The weight and balance of this Shun feels perfect for my hand. Great for slicing super thin slices of tomatoes, to cut up biscotti or brownies, and of course bread. Will try carving a Prime Rib with it next. Am sure it will sail thru that job too.Date published: 2013-02-18