Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Chef’s Knives
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Indispensable for everyday cutting tasks from chopping to slicing, Shun's chef's knife features a supersharp blade hollow-ground with indentations that reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Indentations along the blade reduce friction and keep slices from sticking.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6" chef's knife: 6" -long blade, 5" -long handle; 5.9 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 7.8 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Rated 5 out of 5 by ArtieBucco from Good enough for a professional kitchen Quality steel, nice profile and fantastic fit and finish. The D shape handle makes this thing feel like it's melting into my palm when holding it. If you're a righty this knife is worth checking out. I only wish they offered this handle for the Kaji line. Used the 8" chef knife in a professional kitchen daily for a year and it's held up nicely. A few scratches but absolutely no rust or chipping problems as it's been well maintained. The steel holds an edge for about a month or 200 plus hours with some honing on a ceramic rod in between. For a home cook that's several months to a year depending on level of care.Date published: 2018-11-23Rated 5 out of 5 by DrEllen from The Perfect Knife I bought a Shun knife a couple of months ago. It was so amazing, I ended up buying two more (in different sizes. It is absolutely the best knife I have ever owned. It cuts with ease tomatoes PAPER THIN, and equally impressive, any other fruit or vegetable I have - all without any exerction on my part. A friend of mine mentioned she could never find a good knife. I gifted her one. She is delighted, and plans on buying additional ones for herself. IT IS 'THE PERFECT KNIFE.'Date published: 2014-08-30Rated 5 out of 5 by TeteATarte from Excellent Knife Love this knife. It gets the job done. I will say that I did have the earlier incarnation of it last year and while sharp and a dream to handle, that blade was just too thin and within about 2 months the point chipped off and another nick made its way into the blade. I returned the defective knife to WS. The replacement knife seems to have a slighty thicker blade than before and this seems to be making the difference: the same sharpness without the fragility. Go for it!Date published: 2014-03-02Rated 5 out of 5 by Donna61 from My new favorite chef's knife Excellent knife...extremely sharp, glides through vegetables...great for chopping.Date published: 2013-08-13Rated 5 out of 5 by Cookindad from Favorite gift I've been giving Shun knives as gifts to good friends and family. I love them and they are always well received. Easy to order from WSDate published: 2012-12-30