Shun Classic Gokujo Boning Fillet Knife
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Taking its name from the Japanese for "supreme," Shun's Gokujo is designed to be the ultimate knife for boning and filleting. Its long curved blade, reminiscent of traditional samurai swords, allows you to separate meat from bone using one precise cut, and the knife's optimal control and maneuverability ensure maximum yield.
- 6" blade.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6 1/2" long blade.
- 4 1/2" long handle.
- 4 oz.
- Made in Japan
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ljgallo from Great Boning knife I replaced my old boning knife after it got damaged with this one, at the recommendation of a chef friend. This is an awesome knife for fish, chicken, beef, etc. It's extremely sharp and not as flexible as might be assumed. I love the shape, tip and curved edge. It makes fast work out of cutting up a chicken, boning fish and "frenching" a rack of lamb. I've also used it with a beef rib roast and spare ribs. Love it!Date published: 2015-07-09Rated 5 out of 5 by HillBillyCook from Best Knife Kitchen Knife I've ever owned! This Shun Classic Gohujo Boning Knife is the GREATEST & Sharpest Kitchen Knife I've ever had. This Shun Knife is good for so much more than Boning, I barbecue & it's outstanding for trimming briskets, ribs, roasts, etc.! I don't know about the other Shun Knives but, if they are anything like this one I have, they are outstanding Knives indeed. A little on the expensive side buy, worth every penny! You couldn't go wrong buying a Shun Knife. You get what you pay for, & cheap usually ends up the most expensive!Date published: 2013-08-15Rated 5 out of 5 by StaleyBear from My Time Saving Knife I hate to disagree with chefjake, but I must. I bought mine for meat fabrication and use it for everything except salmon (slightly too short). Shuns are inherently fragile, but I haven't found anything else that can hold an edge. With other knives, I spent more time honing and refreshing the edge than I did cutting. This knife frees me from that tedium and inefficiency. Thin and precise, yet stiff and able to hold an edge, even when playing close to bone. I would recommend a diamond honing steel to ride shotgun...Date published: 2013-03-03Rated 3 out of 5 by chefjake from good filet knife for fish and seafood it can't be beat but for large bone in cuts of meat it's just too thin. i tried using it at work on a side of pork and tipped the blade the first time. if you're looking for just a filet knife i would recommend this in a heart beat but not for use as a boning knife.Date published: 2013-01-14Rated 5 out of 5 by captainlee from Excellent Tool SLICK, SHARP and SATISFYING TOOL. My other knives as a set of Ken ONion and this is just as great!Date published: 2012-08-12