Morning Buns, Set of 12
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Mornings in Paris find early risers at neighborhood patisseries, where specialties include freshly baked delights like mouthwatering morning buns. Jean-Yves Charon uses his skills as a French pastry chef to create our tempting buns, which are prepared from scratch using his signature recipe, a buttery croissant dough and a brown-sugar filling enhanced with cinnamon and orange zest. Simply let the frozen pastries rise overnight, then bake in the morning and enjoy the golden-brown, flaky treats warm from the oven.
- 12 buns; 2 lb. 11 oz. total.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The morning buns ship frozen with dry ice. Please take care not to touch the dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove morning buns from shipping container and place in the freezer, where they will keep for up to one month.
- Discard the plastic shrink-wrap and the lid, but keep the morning buns in the aluminum tin. Place the tin of frozen buns on a baking sheet and let rise at room temperature for about 9 hours or overnight.
- Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 350°F. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven. Bake the buns until the tops are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating the sheet 180 degrees halfway through the baking time to ensure even browning. Let the buns cool for 1 minute, then turn the tin over onto the baking sheet and remove the buns.
- In a bowl, stir together 1⁄2 cup sugar and 1 tsp. ground cinnamon. Add the buns one at a time and toss to coat evenly with the sugar mixture. Serve warm. Makes 12 buns.
- Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, enzyme, ascorbic acid [dough conditioner]), butter, water, sugar, brown sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, salt, dough conditioner blend (wheat flour, malted barley flour, ascorbic acid [dough conditioner], enzymes).
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping. We do not ship perishable items outside the contiguous 48 states or P.O. Boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 1 out of 5 by MJout from Variable Quality I have ordered for Christmas for several years. Some years they rise; some years they do not rise. Great when they do; horrible when they don't.Date published: 2018-12-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Valerie from Delicious!! Every Year My sister buys us some for Christmas. We love them so much we too, give them as gifts!Date published: 2018-11-02Rated 5 out of 5 by AmyG from Morning Buns are Fantastic!❤️ I purchased these for the first time, for my husband’s birthday breakfast! We loved them! The delicate taste of orange infused with the cinnamon was perfection. The thin layers of dough were expertly made. Absolutely delicious! Everything was kept cold, while shipping! We will order these, again! If you enjoy fine pastry, buy these, right now! Warm from your oven goodness!Date published: 2018-10-20Rated 2 out of 5 by Pattie T from A Pricey Hit or Miss The first time I had these they were wonderful! They rose beautifully, were flaky, and flavorful, and delicious, and I felt as if I had a pastry shop in my own kitchen. The second time, they were awful, and I'm talking spit-them-in-the sink awful. They didn't raise and had a very rancid taste. As a consequence, I will not be buying these again.Date published: 2018-01-09Rated 5 out of 5 by Lynnie3729 from Delightful! When my first shipment arrived, the dry ice had disappeared. The buns appeared to be at a "soft frozen" state. After contacting customer service, they immediately replaced the buns. We followed directions exactly, with the exception that I placed a get of foil lightly on top about half-way through the baking time because they appeared to be getting a little too brown. Everyone in the family agreed that these buns are amazing. We love the taste and the texture.Date published: 2017-09-10Rated 5 out of 5 by anne95816 from Very flaky and delicious. These are delicious and easy to bake and serve. Since puff pastry is used they come out in flaky layers with just the right amount of sticky syrup in the bottom. The directions tell you to flip out of baking container onto a sheet pan and them sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. I much prefer to flip them out, flip them back with "dry" side up and then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar. Excellent product. Feel guilty spending so much on something I could make if I wanted to spend the time making puff pastry...easy is just sometimes worth it.Date published: 2017-05-26Rated 5 out of 5 by roesser from Dellicious!!! You have to let these buns rise longer than 8 hours and after you have put them in the oven, let the tops brown and then flip them over and cook a few minutes longer and they will come out perfect. Really delicious, bought more.Date published: 2017-04-27Rated 1 out of 5 by peenie from Even at 1/2 price, not a good deal I know I followed most of the directions...the ones I could read. The last direction was covered by an expiration date sticker, which was not helpful. It had something to do with adding one's own sugar on top of the buns. Really? The texture was tough. Very disappointed in this purchase.Date published: 2017-04-25