Laguiole en Aubrac Steak Knife Sets
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
From France’s Laguiole region, famed for its expertly crafted knives, each of these steak knives is the work of a single master cutler who begins with shaping the handle and concludes with fitting the blade. The showpiece sets are ideal for entertaining.
- Set includes four steak knives and a wooden storage case.
- Blades are forged from ultrastrong Swedish Sandvik steel.
- Features the distinctive Laguiole bee on the bolsters.
- The decorative chasing on the metal spine serves as the signature of the craftsman who made the knife.
- Handles are available in a full range of exotic materials (see More Info tab for details).
- Made in France's Laguiole region, each set includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 4 1/2"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle.
- Juniper Set: Handles are made from juniper wood distinguished by beautiful grain markings. 3 oz.
- Wild Boar Set: Handles are handcrafted from dense, dark ebony wood embellished with an inlay image of a wild boar. 3 oz.
- Ebony and Ivory Set: Contoured handles are handcrafted from ebony wood and fossilized ivory mammoth tusk. 3 oz.
- Paperstone Set: Titanium-coated steel blades. Handles are handcrafted from black paperstone, a nonporous material made from 100% recycled paper. Dishwasher safe. 1.75 oz.
- Solid Horn Set: Handles are handcrafted from solid buffalo horn for smoothness. 3 oz.
- Mixed Horn Crust Set: Handles are handcrafted from the exterior horn of buffalo, ram from Scotland and ram from Asia, revealing subtleties in texture and rich color variations. 3.25 oz.
- Tiger Brown/Tiger Black Sets: Handles are made of acrylic with tiger markings. 3.5 oz.
- Ironwood Set: Handles are handcrafted from ironwood, an extremely dense wood from a tree that grows in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona. 3.5 oz.
- Poplar Set: Handles are handcrafted from poplar wood with distinctive grain markings. 3.5 oz.
- Use & Care
- Hand wash blade with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Cakeness from Black Paperstone Set Not as Described I received these yesterday, upon opening they do not match the product description of the website nor the photo at all. - The handle is squared on all edges, not shaped - Blades are stainless steel, not black titanium-coated Comparing to Laguiole en Aubrac's corporate website, they appear to be kitchen paring knives.Date published: 2017-08-27Rated 5 out of 5 by ASRN from laguiole with ironwood steak knives These are beautiful knives, very sharp and well balanced. A pleasure to use, and I don't mind hand washing them to keep them that way.Date published: 2017-04-24Rated 4 out of 5 by CMfromBloomfieldHills from Laguiole en Aubrac steak knives Very good quality with nice juniper wood handles and hand finish decorative work on back of the blade's tang. High quality look and feel of real made-in-France Laguiole products. Stainless steel blade is sturdy, but not as thick as the blades on Laguiole folding knives. Not sure whether it is forged or stamped - was advertised as forged in WS product description. One slight inconvenience is that the round cross sectional shape of the handle together with its weight relative to blade causes the knife to roll when rested on plate edge. Knives require careful hand washing because of the juniper wood handles. Overall, knives are beautiful and well made.Date published: 2016-07-30