Mariposa Bakery Gluten-Free Chocolate Croissants, Set of 8
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
When Patti Furey Crane was pregnant with her first child, she craved high-quality, gluten-free sweets. Options were few and far between, though, so she decided to make them herself. In 2004, she opened a bakery devoted entirely to gluten-free confections and called it Mariposa, meaning "butterfly" in Spanish, because of her belief in transforming lives through healthy eating. Her chocolate croissants are light and tender, made from scratch with Guittard semisweet chocolate, creamy butter and fragrant vanilla. Simply heat until golden brown, and you can enjoy delicious gluten-free croissants fresh from the oven.
- Includes 8 croissants.
- 6.2 oz. total.
- Made in a 100% dedicated gluten-free facility.
- Shipped frozen to arrive chilled.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The croissants are shipped frozen to arrive chilled. Upon receipt, remove croissants from the shipping container and place them in the freezer, where they will keep for up to one month.
- The croissants arrive fully baked and only need to be reheated. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place croissants on a baking sheet and warm in oven for 4–6 minutes until warm and golden. Alternatively, microwave for 10 seconds to reheat croissants.
- Gluten-free flour blend (organic brown rice flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, organic amaranth flour), organic milk, unsalted butter, eggs, organic unrefined cane sugar, yeast, xanthan gum, sea salt, beet fiber, pure vanilla, ascorbic acid.
- Chocolate Filling: Semisweet chocolate (sugar, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, dextrose, milk fat [butter]) and soya lecithin.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping. We do not ship perishable items outside the contiguous 48 states or P.O. Boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Michaela17 from Oh, it's been so long... I've been GF for 11 years due to wheat allergy, and I had croissant dreams for the first two of those. These are definitely a treat due to cost, but they hit the mark for me. I tried some from a bakery in DC last year, and they had the flavor but not the consistency. These had both. Thank you, Mariposa, for giving me back a moment of joy. ❤️Date published: 2017-04-27Rated 4 out of 5 by Andyz14 from Next best thing to the real thing I've been missing croissants so badly since being diagnosed with celiac 3 years ago. I used to order them off this site all the time for myself and friends. Then these popped up. THey're actually really quite good. You have to heat them up just right in the toaster oven. But wow, almost as good as the real thing. I was pleasantly surprised and my mouth is very happy as I'm enjoying one right now. The only downside is the price. It's definitely going to be a rare special treat to order these again. But they came beautifully packaged. There were instructions. I def recommend heating them up for a few minutes in the toaster oven.Date published: 2017-02-15