Global Classic Cleaver
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Chefs praise this beautifully crafted Japanese cleaver for its performance and ease of use. Designed for chopping through bone and slicing meats and poultry, it's also great for cutting hard fruits and vegetables like watermelon and winter squash.
- Stamped blade is made of exceptionally hard Cromova 18 high-carbon stainless steel, ice tempered and hardened to resist corrosion.
- Prominent 1/4" edge is visible to the naked eye and ground straight to a point rather than beveled resulting in impressive sharpness and edge retention.
- Cuts effortlessly through joints, tendons and bones.
- After prepping food, use the wide blade to scoop ingredients into your pot or mixing bowl.
- Stainless-steel handle is seamlessly constructed and textured for a good grip.
- Crafted to professional standards, this knife is lightweight yet perfectly balanced.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6 1/2"-long blade.
- 5 1/2"-long handle.
- 15.5 oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Use the honing steel only when you feel the knife has lost some of its original sharpness, usually no sooner than six months after its first use. As you continue to use your Global knife, it will require more frequent honing. If you need to hone your knife more than once every two weeks, it is time to have it sharpened.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Judge321 from Not what I expected This cleaver has good weight and is useful for cutting up poultry. The edge is not near as sharp as I expected (having had many good experiences with Global knives) and is not well adapted for dicing or mincingDate published: 2015-05-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Ellendy from A Great Investment I had been eyeing this cleaver for about six months, and received it as a gift about a month ago. I researched all the cleavers and found that this was the best rated, even by Cook's Illustrated (no paid ads, no conflicts of interest). It makes short work of chicken backs, which will yield a super rich broth, provided your cleaver is up to the task of thoroughly whacking them. I love the one-piece design, which makes it super easy to clean. It is perfectly balanced and feels good in the hand. I have been keeping the edge honed with the Global Mino-sharp III. I don't think that I will ever have to replace this cleaver.Date published: 2013-03-19