Flour Shop Rainbow Explosion Cake Kit
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $50 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card through July 22. Learn More
We teamed up with Amirah Kassem's Soho-based Flour Shop bakery to bring you this exclusive kit for whipping up your own version of the Instagram-famous Rainbow Explosion Cake at home. Start by combining the premium cake mix and coloring gels to bake the six rainbow-hued layers, then use the cream cheese frosting mix and colorful candies to frost, fill and decorate your surprise-filled dessert.
- 1 pouch Magical Vanilla Cake Mix
- 6 Rainbow Coloring Gels
- 1 pouch Magical Frosting Mix
- 1 pouch Rainbow Explosion Mix (sprinkles)
- 1 pouch Rainbow Polka Dots (sprinkles)
- 4 lb. 5 oz. total.
- Made in USA.
- Cake Mix: Unbleached flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), sugar, non-aluminum baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, bicarbonate soda, cornstarch, monocalcium phosphate), Bourbon vanilla powder, sea salt.
- Frosting Mix: Powdered sugar, natural vanilla powder.
- Sprinkles: Sugar, cornstarch, FD&C colors Red #40 Lake, Red #3, Yellow #5 Lake, Yellow #6 Lake, Blue #1 Lake, carnauba wax.
- Liqua-Gel Color Pack: Water, high-fructose corn syrup, glycerin, sugar, Yellow #5, modified food starch, Red #3, Blue #1, Yellow #6, carrageenan gum, sodium benzoate (preservative), potassium sorbate (preservative), citric acid, xanthan gum, Red #40.
- Rainbow Explosion Mix: Sugar, cornstarch, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, soy lecithin, gum arabic, confectioners' glaze, carnauba wax, reduced protein whey (milk), cocoa, corn syrup, tapioca dextrin, salt, Yellow #6, Yellow #5, Blue #1, Blue #2, Red #40, Red#3, titanium dioxide.
- Rainbow Polka Dots: Sugar, cornstarch, Red #3, confectioners' glaze, carnauba wax, Yellow #5, Blue #1, Blue #2, Yellow #6, Red #40.
- Contains wheat/gluten, tree nuts.
- This product is prepared and packaged using machines that may come in contact with wheat/gluten, tree nuts, peanuts, soy.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
You May Also Need
Williams Sonoma Goldtouch® Nonstick Round Cake Pans
Rated 5 out of 5 by Grace04nj from Fun to make, pretty to look at and delicious It was a lot of work but still fun. The directions didn’t have a baking temperature so I baked at 350. Don’t let anyone tell you everything you need is in the can - needed unsalted butter, milk, cream cheese and eggs. I used 2% milk and Neufchâtel cheese because that’s what I had and it came out great!Date published: 2019-06-23Rated 5 out of 5 by lennon3339 from Joy in a can! Made this cake with my kids a few days ago. It was so fun to make and it tasted delicious. Turned cut beautiful. Was much shorter than the picture but may be my errorDate published: 2019-06-18
Can I use 6” round cake pans that are 3/4” tall? Or does it have to be 2” tall?Hi Allison, If you use anything shorter than 2" deep cake pans, we feel that it'll be difficult to handle the cake layers without them breaking apart as you're trying to stack them on top of each other.Date published: 2019-06-03
Does this come with instructions and cream cheese frosting recipe? Hi Nidhi, Yes, recipes for the cake and frosting as well as instructions are included with the kit.Date published: 2019-05-24
Is the cutter to make hole in the center included in this package? Which 6” cake pans would you recommend with this?Hi Nidhi, No, the cutter is not included in the kit. As for the 6" pan, this is the one Amirah recommends: https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/usa-pan-goldtouch-nonstick-round-cake-pan/Date published: 2019-06-28
How many servings do you get in the flour shop explosion cake kit?Hi Anniecap, The cake makes one 6" cake with 6 layers. Serving size depends on how thin of a slice you cut.Date published: 2019-05-24
Does the cake mix included cover all those layers? If so, what size layer does it make?Hi stephanie16, The set includes enough cake mix and color gels to make all the layers: • 1 pouch Magical Vanilla Cake Mix • 6 Rainbow Coloring Gels • 1 pouch Magical Frosting Mix • 1 pouch Rainbow Explosion Mix (sprinkles) • 1 pouch Rainbow Polka Dots (sprinkles) You will need six 6" round cake pans to bake all layers at the same time. Each layer will be 2" high.Date published: 2019-04-29
My husband threw away the directions to make the rainbow explosion cake! I found the video but it doesn’t have the amount of unsalted butter etc. Help!