Assorted Meat Empanadas
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Joseph Ahearne started out selling his buttery, flaky Argentine-style empanadas at street festivals, preparing them using his mother's recipe and only high-quality, local ingredients. Today Ahearne continues the tradition at El Porteño, his thriving restaurant in San Francisco's Ferry Building, a mecca for foodies. Delivered right to your door, our collection showcases three different vegetarian fillings inside rich pastry dough, accompanied by a side of chimichurri sauce for a touch of heat. The savory turnovers are perfect for parties, brunch or even a light meal—just heat and serve.
Carne Empanadas: Prather Ranch organic, dry-aged, grass-fed beef with raisins and a hint of cinnamon.
Pollo Empanadas: Tender, Fulton Valley roasted chicken in a white wine reduction with pimento-stuffed green olives and raisins.
Jamón y Queso Empanadas: Prosciutto with nutty fontina cheese.
- Set of 12; 4 empanadas of each flavor.
- Includes 6 oz. chimichurri sauce.
- 1 lb. 13 oz. total.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The empanadas and chimichurri sauce are shipped frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, store the items in the freezer, unopened, where they will keep up to 3 months.
- Defrost chimichurri sauce in refrigerator overnight. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place frozen empanadas on a baking sheet. Optional: Brush empanadas with an egg wash, then sprinkle lightly with coarse sea salt. Bake 15–20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with chimichurri sauce on the side.
- Beef: Unbleached flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), ground beef, eggs, onion, raisins, olives, beef (water, beef), beef flavor base (roasted beef including beef juices, cane juice, beef flavor, onion powder, sea salt, canola oil, caramel color, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, flavor), sea salt, autolyzed yeast extract, garlic powder stock, garlic, olive oil, vinegar (white wine vinegar, natural flavor, sodium metabisulphite), casein, spices.
- Chicken: Unbleached flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), chicken, olives, onion, raisins, unbleached flour, chicken stock (chicken broth [filtered water, chicken], chicken flavor [chicken flavor, sea salt], natural chicken flavor [chicken stock, salt], sea salt, evaporated cane juice, onion powder, turmeric, flavor), wine, butter (cream [milk], natural flavor), eggs, garlic, olive oil, bay leaf, vinegar (white wine vinegar, natural flavor, sodium metabisulphite), casein, spices.
- Jamon (prosciutto and fontina cheese): Fontina (pasteurized part-skimmed milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes, natamycin), mozzarella (cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes), unbleached flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), butter (cream [milk], natural flavor), prosciutto (cured with salt, sugar, spices, sodium nitrate, sodium nitrite, flavoring), eggs, vinegar (white wine vinegar, natural flavor, sodium metabisulphite), casein, salt.
Please allow 2-5 business days for processing and delivery. This gives our artisan partners time to prepare your order with exceptional care and attention to detail. A more accurate delivery date will be quoted on the payment page. Perishable food items are not eligible for rush shipping. Please not that we do not ship perishable food items outside the contiguous 48 states or to P.O. Boxes.
Next Day Delivery
Also in this Collection
Assorted Veggie Empanadas
- Vendor Shipped
Rated 5 out of 5 by April from Delicious empanadas! Easy to heat up for parties Both meat and veggie were so good! I'll definitely order again!!Date published: 2018-03-31Rated 1 out of 5 by RDSN from Just ate it Horrible. All dough with very little meat if any. It is a good thing I did not serve this to my guest. Taste was not good also.Date published: 2017-11-29Rated 2 out of 5 by jeanneg from Terrible packaging Bought these a month ago. Planned to serve them last night as an appetizer. There were no cooking instructions so I had to hit up the WS site to get preparation instructions. All 12 of the assorted meat empanadas were crammed together in a single package. They were stuck together in a block and impossible to get apart while frozen. I resorted to microwave thawing to get them apart which was a bit tricky as the dough was sticky and peeling them apart was challenging. While the empanadas and the chimichuri sauce were tasty enough I would not buy these again. They should be individually frozen or packaged separately so they keep their shape and cooking instructions should be included.Date published: 2017-04-15Rated 2 out of 5 by Argentineflavor from Small and not authentic flavor Just got them they are tiny and do not have the real Argentinan flavors.Date published: 2017-04-07Rated 5 out of 5 by MiriamE from Delicious! These are my favorite items from Williams-Sonoma, nudging out the croissants by a pinch. Each package has three different, interesting fillings, and I love all three and cannot pick just one as my favorite. They are very easy to bake, and I often have one for breakfast or lunch. Highly recommended!Date published: 2017-04-01Rated 5 out of 5 by CarolinaKat from Authentic and Delicious I fell in love with empanadas while traveling in Argentina several years ago. It's often been a disappointment to try them in restaurants since - but I thought I'd try W-S for my Christmas houseguests because the prep is so simple. Wow. Are they ever good! Everyone loved them and they disappeared fast. A taste and a fond remembrance of Argentina - I've already stocked up on them again. I highly recommend them.Date published: 2017-01-13Rated 5 out of 5 by cruisegal from Excellent and tasty I bought these recently and tried them for the first time. Excellent flavor in the assortment. My favorite is the cheese & prosciutto, but all three are excellent. A wonderful flakey crust that is both tasty and light. The sauce is also quite tasty, with a bit of a "kick" to it. I will definitely purchase these again.Date published: 2015-12-24Rated 5 out of 5 by Latenightshopper22 from You be the judge I was compelled to write this review given the harshness of the others I read. I always have a williamssonoma Christmas Eve. These(both veggie and meat) made it to my table this year and they were fabulous. My guests raved and even used the sauce on the peppered beef tenderloin (also amazing if you can get passed the pricing). My experience with anything ready to cook is that you MUST know your oven's cook time/temp to avoid sogginess of the pastry. With experience these are perfect. I know my oven and had to leave them in an extra 15-20 min. If you are a fan of this type of food you should certainly give them a try. I will certainly be reordering these. I did get them on sale right after thanksgiving, that helped.Date published: 2015-01-20