Breville The Control Freak Smart Induction Cooker
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Designed for commercial kitchens, the Control Freak induction cooking system gives you unprecedented control of pan temperature and heat-up speed, which are both crucial for low-heat cooking. This countertop machine allows chefs to cook delicate sauces without splitting and to reduce stocks and sauces at the same consistent temperature all night long. Set and hold heat to the exact degree for slow cooking, deep-frying and sous vide. Save your favorite cooking programs to get successful results again and again.
- Induction cooking system measures, sets and holds 397 temperatures from 86˚ to 482˚F.
- Unique real-time sensing system uses a through-glass sensor to directly measure pan temperature.
- Probe control enables direct temperature control of liquids from probe with two calibrated options: general use and oil.
- Advanced temperature probe allows for fast, highly accurate temperature readings from 32˚F to 572˚F.
- Intensity function lets you control heat-up speed with three settings: Slow, Medium and Fast.
- For use only with induction-compatible cookware.
- Engineered as a collaboration between Breville and PolyScience.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 19 1/2" x 13 3/4" x 4 1/2" high.
- 21 lb.
- Max. weight of pot and contents should not exceed 13 lb.
- Min. diam. of pot: 5 1/2".
- Model #CMC850BSSUSA
- Variable pot detection allows for very low temperature holding.
- "Create" function allows custom temperature profiles to be saved.
- 72-hour timer with four end options: Continue Cooking, Keep Warm, Repeat Timer and Turn Off.
- Dual fan cooling system helps prevent overheating and shutdown.
- Durable brushed stainless-steel housing.
- Super-heat-resistant ceramic glass.
- Tritan™ Polymer super-tough LCD display.
- USB port for software updates (USB Flash drive included).
- Cooking surface is easy to clean; control knobs are removable and dishwasher safe.
- High-resolution color LCD flat-panel display screen.
- Pot clip for easy positioning and holding of probe.
- Includes protective travel/storage case, temperature probe, probe holder and accessories box.
- UL/IEC commercial certification includes IPX5 rated water protection.
- NSF commercial certification.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Designed and engineered in Australia, made in China.
- Use & Care
- For use only with induction-ready cookware. Examples of suitable cookware materials include magnetic stainless steel, enameled steel and cast iron. Copper, aluminum and glass are not compatible.
- Removable knobs are dishwasher safe.
- Clean body with a damp cloth. Dry immediately.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 4 out of 5 by evjk from I could live without it.... But I'm glad I don't have to. Definitely designed for professionals, which I am not, but I use and appreciate its talents daily. It adds the precision missing in usual stove top cooking. I have used induction and sous vide technology for years, but this takes things to a different level. I now infuse oils and liquor in a pan directly on the burner without the bother of a water bath. Temper chocolate effortlessly. Make medicinals with utter precision. Return previously cooked sous vide items to temp before searing. Deep frying and candy making are a breeze. If temperature really matters, cooking on this baby is the way to go. Why not 5 stars? Would love to be able to program more than one step at a time. For example, I like to make yogurt with fermentation temperature declining at a controlled rate over time. Would love to program the whole routine at once. Wifi or Bluetooth would be nice too. What it does do, however, it does perfectly.Date published: 2016-12-17