Breville Precision Brewer Thermal
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
The Breville Precision Brewer is the world's first 12-cup drip coffee maker precise enough to deliver craft filter brewing, automatically. Experience your favorite coffee at its best regardless of its origin, age or roast with precise temperature and brewing time. The Precision Brewer offers a unique brewing menu that allows you to make a full 12-cup (60-oz.) carafe in less than 7 minutes, a Gold Cup–standard brew, an extra-strong brew, iced coffee, a cold brew or your own custom brew.
- Gold Cup–certified brewer of the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
- Digital temperature (PID) thermo-coil heating and pump system allow for precise and adjustable water temperature control.
- Steep & release valve provides exceptional control over water-coffee contact time for consistently excellent coffee.
- Select from six brewing modes: Fast, Gold, Strong, Over Ice, Cold Brew or My Brew.
- Fast mode: Brew up to 12 cups in less than 7 minutes.
- Gold mode (recommended): Certified by the SCA to meet rigorous technical requirements using the cone filter basket.
- Strong mode: Brew settings are automatically adjusted so you get a stronger cup of coffee.
- Over Ice mode: Brew up to 4 cups of stronger coffee that tastes great when poured over ice.
- Cold Brew mode: Brew up to 20 oz. of cold-brew coffee with adjustable steeping time between 0–16 hours and coffee delivered into your favorite vessel.
- MyBrew mode: Brew up to 12 cups with your choice of brew temperature, bloom time and flow rate.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12 1/4" x 6 3/4" x 15 3/4" high
- 10 lb.
- 60-oz. water tank.
- Model # BDC450BSS1BUC1.
- 60-oz.-cap. dual-wall stainless-steel thermal carafe keeps coffee fresh and hot.
- LCD display with simple rotary dial controls.
- Programmable Auto-Start feature.
- Descaling alert and automatic descaling cycle.
- Child-lock safety feature.
- Includes cone filter basket and gold tone filter basket.
- Brushed stainless-steel body with BPA-free plastic parts.
- Auto-pour over mode can be used with the Breville Pour Over Adapter, sold separately at www.breville.com
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- The outer housing and LCD screen can be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth.
- The coffee basket and gold tone filter can be rinsed under running water. For a deeper clean, wash the coffee basket and gold tone filter in warm, soapy water with a soft bristled brush.
- Rinse the carafe and lid under warm running water. For a deeper clean, we recommend regularly washing the carafe in warm, soapy water using a soft bristled brush. Do not use abrasive cleansers, pads or cloths, which can scratch the surface. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- We recommend regular descaling. The LCD screen will flash “DESCALE” when it's time to run the descale cycle.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 2 out of 5 by Kathryn from Concerns unanswered The Breville Precision Brewer made a good cup of coffee. However, after each use, there was water on the floor of the reservoir. I used a large syringe to remove it, filling the syringe about 2-1/2 times. By measure, it was about 1/3 cup of water. This concerned me and I put in a call to customer service at Breville. Two weeks later, they have still not returned my call. I see in another review on this site that the reviewer also experienced a pool of water remaining in the reservoir and customer service explained that it was normal, a result of the sensor location. If I'd had a similar explanation from Breville, I'm not sure whether or not I would have kept the machine, because I would think that if this is normal, the manual would have stated to expect about 3 ounces of water to remain in the tank after brewing. But there was nothing in the manual about it. I returned the Breville and bought a Technivorm.Date published: 2017-11-28Rated 3 out of 5 by raevon1 from Worked nicely for two weeks We've had this for two weeks. We enjoyed how quickly it made everything from a single cup to a pot. I had a hard time getting strong enough coffee, but we like it really strong, so. But after two weeks, it started to display 'error4', and stopped working. Such a disappointment.Date published: 2017-10-30Rated 5 out of 5 by avndk from Excellent brewer! I haven't have the chance to use all the different methods of making coffee, however the Gold makes an excellent batch of coffee. I've gotten so many compliments on my coffee, and 2 friends have gone out and picked up this brewer. I really love the look. My only complaint would be that you can't remove the water reservoir, you have to fill it in place, this can be annoying as the thermal carafe only has a maximum line, so if I'm just making 6 cups of coffee - I typically need to make 2 trips to the sink. It literally makes a pot of coffee in 7 minutes, so we have a routine down at dinner parties. My husband clears the first dishes and turns on the machine, by the time we've cleared the table and gather cups and saucers, we're ready to serve.Date published: 2017-10-20Rated 5 out of 5 by Bugzy737 from Truly is precision/unique coffee maker The “fast brew” function may be comparable to competitors while, the “gold” program definitely exceeds any high-end coffeemaker. If for some reason you think this setting can be improved, there’s the “my brew” which allows total control for personal brew. This product is unique to and totally lives up to the Breville name. One minor flaw is, after the brew is finished, there is a small pool of water left behind in the reservoir. I called and asked Breville if this was normal and they said it was as the sensor location determined this result. Bottom line is, this coffee maker has the gadgets to make brew exactly the way you want, nothing like it in market!Date published: 2017-10-06Rated 5 out of 5 by UVAHOO from Move Over Technivorm I had the Technivorm Moccamaster KBT-741 for 2 weeks and chose to return it after receiving the Breville Precision Brewer. Breville definitely stepped up their game this time around and I am thoroughly impressed. The Breville feels very sold and not flimsy and plastic laden like the Technivorm. I definitely like the customizable options on the Breville. I was concerned because everyone rants and raves about the quality of the coffee produced by the Technivorm. I will say that I think they both are fairly even. What I did notice is that the Breville does a much better job of water dispersion over the coffee grounds compared to the Technivorm. The Breville truly saturates each and every ground whereas the Technivorm didn’t cover all the grounds. I think Technivorm has been dethroned here and it’s time for them to go back to the drawing table and up the ante. No, I don’t work for either company, just a true coffee nerd. Prior to this, I was always using an Aeropress which still make the best coffee in my opinion. It just became too much work when I wanted to make 2-3 cups.Date published: 2017-10-04