Breville Oracle Touch Espresso Machine
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
The next generation of fully automatic espresso makers has arrived with the Breville Oracle Touch. This award-winning espresso machine makes it amazingly easy to prepare true café-quality coffee beverages at home. Tricky brew tasks are automatically handled for you from start to finish, as the Oracle Touch grinds, doses and tamps coffee in the commercial portafilter, extracts at the ideal water temperature, and textures milk to your taste for preparing latte art or creamy cappuccino. Use the color touchscreen to swipe and select from a menu of drinks or personalize your own.
- Awarded the 2017 Best New Product by the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
- Choose from a menu of five café drinks: Espresso, Americano, Latte, Flat White and Cappuccino.
- Swipe and Select color touchscreen allows you to easily build your favorite café drinks, adjusting coffee strength, milk texture and milk temperature to your taste, then saving your settings.
- Conical burr grinder with 45 adjustable grind settings from fine to coarse.
- Automatically grinds, doses and tamps 22g (.75 oz.) ground coffee for mess-free brewing.
- Automatic hands-free milk texturing to your selected temperature and style, from silky latte to creamy cappuccino.
- Brews single, double and custom-size espresso shots.
- Prepares small, medium or large Americanos automatically by delivering hot water from dedicated outlet.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 15" x 16 1/2" x 18" high.
- 38 lb.
- Top-fill 84-fl.-oz.-cap. removable water tank.
- 8-oz.-cap. removable bean hopper.
- Model #BES990BSS1BUS1.
- Stainless-steel conical burrs maximize the ground coffee surface area for full espresso flavor.
- Programmable shot temperature for optimal espresso flavor depending on coffee origin and degree of roast.
- Commercial stainless-steel portafilter.
- Low-pressure pre-infusion of the puck for even extraction.
- Electronic PID temperature control ensures precise water temperature for optimal flavor.
- Consistent 9-bar extraction pressure with Italian-made pumps.
- Cool-touch steam wand with integrated temperature sensor.
- Automatic purge removes residual milk from steam wand.
- Manual milk texturing also available.
- Two boilers allow simultaneous milk texturing and espresso extraction.
- Heated cup-warming tray on top.
- Dedicated "hot" water outlet for preparing Americano coffee and preheating cups.
- Programmable auto-start and auto-off.
- Removable drip tray with Empty Me indicator.
- Drop down swivel foot lifts the machine upwards for easy one hand maneuverability on the countertop.
- Breville Assist Plug features a finger-hole for easy removal from power outlet.
- Automatic cleaning and descaling cycles.
- Brushed stainless-steel body.
- Includes stainless-steel milk jug and 1- and 2-cup filter baskets.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- The filter basket and portafilter should be rinsed under hot water after each coffee-making session to remove all residual coffee oils.
- After each coffee-making session a clear-water backflush is recommended before you turn off the machine: Empty drip tray. Insert the cleaning disc into the filter basket then insert the portafilter into the group head. Touch the Brew button and allow pressure to build for 20 seconds, then touch to stop and release pressure. Repeat this 5 times to purge any fine coffee grounds and residual coffee oils from the brew water paths.
- After every use, thoroughly wipe the steam wand and tip with a damp cloth and purge immediately. Failure to clean the steam wand may affect the milk-texturing performance.
- The outer housing and cup-warming tray can be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth. Polish with a soft, dry cloth. Do not use abrasive cleansers, pads or cloths, which can scratch the surface.
- Use the Descale function when prompted on screen.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Coffee lover from No more Starbucks We had a three Starbucks a Day habit and needed to kick it. Did some in-depth research and taste testing and decided on the Breville Oracle Touch. We have had it for a year now and we congratulate ourselves everyday on such satisfying purchase. We can make any kind of delicious coffee we are in the mood for. It performs beautifully day in and day out and the quality of the machine is outstanding. Goodbye Forever StarbucksDate published: 2019-01-12Rated 5 out of 5 by END111 from Amazing Machine I am not into coffee but my wife is and I bought this machine for her. Per her and her sisters and friends it makes coffee that is much better than the drinks at the local coffee shop. It is easy to operate and makes amazing drinks and foam. This is the best "no skill" machine out there. While you have to pour the milk from the separate container - the quality of the drinks makes that little work a joy.Date published: 2018-12-15Rated 5 out of 5 by urszula from Best Espresso Machine Ever! I have done a lot of research before settling on this machine. The biggest thing holding me back was the expensive price tag, but I have absolutely no regrets now since this machine is excellent in every way. I will break my experience with the machine with pros/cons to hopefully help you out make when making a decision to buy this machine. Pros: -Machine automatically grinds and tamps your espresso, saves all that extra work of doing it yourself. -Steam wand cleans itself after it's done steaming your milk. -Touch menu is super user friendly. You can change milk temperature, amount of froth and how fine or course you want your grind. You can save your favorite drink on the menu so you don't need to customize it again. You can find anything you need on the touch screen along with tutorials, step by step instructions and all the cleaning cycles. -Water tank is huge! And you can fill it up from the front. -The process to make your drink is pretty quick. Cons: -Pricey (but worth it) -Big machine, takes up counter space -Can be a bit noisy when it starts the grind (if you live in an apartment it may annoy neighbors in the morning) Final thoughts: Machine is great and the quality of it is worth every penny. If you love coffee and are in a coffee shop everyday this will save you money! I have not set foot into a coffee shop since! Excellent customer service from Williams Sonoma associates in store when purchasing this product,Date published: 2018-10-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Kerrie from Easy to use with terrific results! I bought this machine 3 months ago and have been using it daily with terrific results. We previously used a terrific Breville Infuser, along with a very expensive non-Breville grinder that crapped out after just about a year. This machine could not be simpler, it grinds, tamps, brews, and froths and does so quickly, with minimal mess, and with excellent results. It has just the right amount of things to tinker with in order to dial in a "perfect" drink, but it certainly is not necessary to fuse with the machine if you don't want to. The downside is obviously the cost, but I have given up trips to the coffee shop and I really get a kick out of making delicious drinks myself.Date published: 2018-08-10Rated 1 out of 5 by jeri from Beautiful This machine is so disappointing. The milk frother worked great for about the first six latte's. Now it's horrible. Now the message keeps asking for more water in the tank when it is filled. Can't get it to work. I have used this machine maybe 20 times total.Date published: 2018-06-17Rated 5 out of 5 by Smaverick from Breville's Best Espresso m/c if you can afford it I had Breville's Barista Express for about 7 years and was very happy with it. It still works great. After I saw the increased level of automation (while still giving the barista a good deal of control) of the Oracle Touch I was interested in exploring it further. WS in Los Gatos did a demo of the Oracle Touch for me. The quality of the espresso was good, the ability to maintain and save settings for individual users on key aspects (milk temperature, froth texture) was appealing. What really sold me on this versus a fully-automatic was the automation and quality of milk frothing. I am no barista, but am able to make rudimentary latte art with the Oracle Touch. The build quality and looks of the machine are top notch. Although the Oracle Touch was about 5x what I had paid for the Barista, I thought it was time to upgrade. I did have some reservations about Breville's poor customer service reported by some of the reviews here. However, since I have several Breville appliances that have not caused any problems I decided to take the plunge. When I was assembling the machine, I noticed that the water tank (plastic portion) had a crack. While the water tank wasn't leaking it was going to be a matter of time before it did. I called Breville customer service and told them about it. All I needed to give the rep was the serial number, my name, and address. He said he would ship a replacement out in a couple of days. The entire call took less than 5 minutes. And the new water tank arrived as promised. I was very pleased with Breville's customer service. After more than a month of regular use, I am very happy with my decision. I am also glad I waited for the Touch (versus the regular Oracle) since the touch screen is very functional and improves user interaction. Highly recommend without reservations, if you can afford it! Cheap, it is not. Some improvements: For the price of the machine, I would have expected some additional features - ability to upgrade software via WiFi, an app for remote on/off and other settings (e.g., metrics on total number of espressos made, average per day, and other interesting stats), ability to fine tune grind amount, tamping pressure (the built-in standards work great, but more changes can allow increased experimentation based on the type of beans). Of course, these are minor quibbles. The one thing that would be really useful would have been a dual hopper for two varieties of beans! However, for what it does do, the Oracle Touch consistently and efficiently delivers my lattes many times a day!Date published: 2018-06-02Rated 5 out of 5 by ProducerDude from Amazing espresso & beautiful design! We bought our Oracle Touch on the Williams Sonoma website as a Christmas gift to each other, and began a kitchen remodel on Dec 26 so we didn’t get to use it right away. Once we did, we were disappointed to find it didn’t work out of the box. The temperature wouldn’t get hot enough for the machine to operate. Both Breville and Williams Sonoma provided excellent customer support and we ended up returning the machine to our local store and were given a new one. Not only does this machine look awesome in our kitchen, but it makes amazing, barista quality espresso drinks...and it’s so easy to use! We love having the dual boilers, and being able to save custom drinks is extremely convenient. Our previous super automatic served us well for nearly 16 years, but the Oracle Touch has taken our in-home coffee experience to an entirely new level!Date published: 2018-02-03Rated 5 out of 5 by blortscher from Perfect balance between automation and control I purchased the Breville Oracle Touch and have been very happily enjoying it for the last six weeks. I bought the Oracle Touch after less than satisfying results with the Jura E8. Although it cost me about $600 more than the E8, the Oracle Touch has adjustable milk temperatures that go up to 170 degrees (the E8 only goes to 140 degrees) and produces much better froth than the E8 and much better lattes overall. The Oracle has a manual step (moving the portafilter from the grinder outlet to the extraction outlet ... perhaps a slight negative relative to the completely automatic E8) but the milk cleanup process is a breeze with the Breville (it automatically steam cleans the milk wand, requiring only a quick wipe of the exterior) ... much quicker than the process with the E8. I have been able to create amazing lattes, with incredible control over the grind size, water temperature, milk temperature, steam temperature and the length of the extraction process. A month ago I would have thought that the additional controls were frivolous extras but I have learned that making a few adjustments for different types of beans can make all the difference in the world in maximizing the amount of flavor while minimizing any undesirable bitterness. The Breville Oracle Touch remembers my settings (which can be memorized for multiple different custom combinations) and, for me, it is the perfect balance between automation (quite a bit) while still being able to make adjustments to accommodate a wide variety of beans.Date published: 2018-01-13