America the Great Cookbook
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Take a journey across the states to celebrate the food of America, created in the homes and kitchens of our favorite chefs and food heroes. From well-known chefs like Ina Garten and Padma Lakshmi to food revolutionaries such as Ruth Reichl, food personalities from around the country share their favorite recipes and the dishes they make for the people they love in this one-of-a-kind book.
- Contributors include chef luminaries – such as Michael Voltaggio, David Chang and Carla Hall – as well as pioneers in the food world of America.
- 145 tempting and original recipes include everything from breakfast to dinner, including starters, soups, salads and desserts.
- Sample recipes include Michael Hudman and Andy Ticer's Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Sugar and Buttermilk Frosting, Nancy Silverton's Chicken Salad with Indian Spices and Preserved Lemon, Melissa Clark's Cod with Roasted Asparagus and Green Onions, and Joanne Chang's Raspberry Swirl Meringues.
- Organized by recipe contributor; each introduced with a lifestyle portrait and first-person narrative, followed by 1–3 of their recipes.
- Introduction by Joe Yonan, the book's editor, Food and Dining Editor of The Washington Post, author and two-time James Beard–award winner.
- Stunning food photography throughout, plus original artwork by typographer Jessica Hische.
- A portion of the book's proceeds will benefit No Kid Hungry, which helps to end childhood hunger in the United States. Learn more.
- Hardcover, 480 pages.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Michael Hudman and Andy Ticer's Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Sugar and Buttermilk Frosting
- Simone Cormier's Country Pork Pâté with Cherries and Hazelnuts
- Joan Nathan's Matzo Balls
- Hugo Ortega's Barbacoa de Zaachila
- Charles Phan's Black Bean–Glazed Pork Spareribs
- Marcus Samuelsson's Fried Chicken and Red Velvet Waffles
- Nancy Silverton's Chicken Salad with Indian Spices and Preserved Lemon
- Melissa Clark's Cod with Roasted Asparagus and Green Onions
- Michael Voltaggio's Loup de Mer
- Virginia Willis' Summer Squash Salad
- Carla Hall's Collards 'n' Potlikker and Nashville-Style Hot Chicken
- David Chang's Clam Juk
- Ronni Lundy's Mama's Speckled Butter Beans
- Thomas McNaughton's Ricotta Triangoli
- Amanda Saab's Baklava Cheesecake
- Georgetown Cupcake's Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Michael Solomonov's Homemade Laffa Bread
- Franklin Barbecue's Espresso Barbecue Sauce
- Mindy Segal's Matcha and Mint Hot Chocolate
- Leah Chase's Creole Gumbo
- Marcella Valladolid's White Bean and Grilled Octopus Salad
- Ruth Reichl's Pink Deviled Eggs and Tart Lemon Tart
- Molly Yeh's Vanilla Cake with Rhubarb Buttercream
- Dan Barber's Juice Pulp Cheeseburgers
- Kris Yenbamroong's Uni Garlic Fried Rice
- Rick Bayless' Enchiladas Verdes
- Ana Sortun's Asparagus Fatteh
- Francis Lam's Chinese Stir-Fried Tomatoes and Eggs
- Erin French's Blueberry Spoon Cake
- Joanne Chang's Raspberry Swirl Meringues
- Nathalie Dupree's Grits with Greens and Shrimp
- Ed Lee's Braised Turmeric Chicken
- Pableaux Johnson's Monday Night Red Beans and Rice
- Andrew Zimmern's Cold Spicy Peanut Sesame Noodles
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.