Zucchini "Pasta" with Butternut Squash
In this clever twist on classic spaghetti, long strands of zucchini, made with our spiralizer, stand in for the pasta. It’s a delicious way to cut back on fat and up your intake of fresh vegetables.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 large zucchini, trimmed and run through the fine grates of a
- 1/3 cup (1 1/4 oz./40 g) finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano,
plus shaved cheese for garnish
- Lemon-thyme dipping oil for drizzling
In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the butternut squash and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and just tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and quickly toss with the squash.
Add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the grated cheese. Transfer to individual bowls. Garnish with shaved cheese and drizzle with lemon-thyme oil. Serve immediately. Serves 4.