Zucchini & Basil Pizzas
Prepare these two pizzas using our Basic Pizza Dough, which yields enough dough for 4 pizzas. Use the remaining dough to make more pizzas immediately, or store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- 1 green zucchini, sliced 3/16 inch thick
- 1 yellow zucchini, sliced 3/16 inch thick
- 1 Tbs. Parmesan dipping and drizzling oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Two 10-inch rounds Basic Pizza Dough
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 oz. ricotta salata or goat cheese
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, minced
In a bowl, stir together the green and yellow zucchini, the 1 Tbs. oil, salt and pepper. Let stand for 5 minutes, then drain off the excess liquid.
Place 1 pizza dough round on a floured pizza peel. Lightly brush the dough with oil. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella on the dough and top with half of the zucchini.
Transfer the pizza to the oven, tapping the peel lightly to release the pizza. Bake until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden, 8 to 10 minutes, rotating the pizza occasionally to ensure even browning.
Transfer the pizza to a cutting board and squeeze a few drops of lemon juice over the pizza. Grate or crumble half of the ricotta salata over the pizza and sprinkle with half of the basil. Cut into slices and serve immediately. Repeat to cook the remaining pizza. Makes two 10-inch pizzas.