Wild Rice Salad with Chestnuts
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb. peeled cooked chestnuts, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. prepared mustard
- 6 1/2 Tbs. vegetable oil
In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, radishes, green onions and chestnuts. Season with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and mustard. Slowly whisk in the oil. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. Serves 4 to 6.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma TASTE Magazine, "Ode to the Chestnut," by Fran Gage (Holiday 2001).