White Truffle Butter Risotto
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese,
plus more for serving
- 3 Tbs. white truffle butter, plus more for serving
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a risotto pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add the rice and stir until the grains are translucent with a white dot in the center, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the wine and stir until absorbed, about 2 minutes.
Begin adding the broth 1 ladleful at a time, stirring frequently after each addition. Wait until the broth is almost completely absorbed before adding more.
When the rice is tender but firm to the bite, after 20 to 25 minutes, stir in the 1/2 cup cheese, then the 3 Tbs. white truffle butter. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the risotto immediately in individual bowls and top each portion with about 1/2 tsp. truffle butter. Pass more cheese at the table. Serves 6.