White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Blondies
- 8 Tbs. (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 to 4 oz. white chocolate, coarsely chopped
In a large bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, espresso powder and vanilla. Using an electric mixer set on high speed, beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then continue beating until very fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Reduce the speed to low, add the flour and mix in. Continuing to mix on low speed, fold in the nuts and white chocolate just until blended. Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool. Cut into 24 bars. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.