Wedge Salad with Buttermilk Dressing and Blue Cheese
Buttermilk and low-fat Greek yogurt lend body to this tangy salad dressing without the added fat of mayonnaise. A bit of crumbled blue cheese adds richness, but omit it if you wish.
- 1/2 cup low-fat or nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes of hot sauce
- 2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 wedges
- 3 oz. crumbled blue cheese
In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, buttermilk, lemon juice, hot sauce, pepper and the 1/3 cup chives. Season with salt.
Place 1 iceberg lettuce wedge on each plate and drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle each wedge with 1/2 oz. blue cheese and garnish with chives. Serve immediately. Serves 6.