Vietnamese Chicken Salad
- 1 large lime
- 6 Tbs. peanut oil
- 2 Tbs. Asian fish sauce
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 2 cups shredded pan-seared chicken (see
related recipe at right)
- 2 shredded or thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
Grate 1 tsp. zest and squeeze 2 Tbs. juice from the lime into a small bowl. Add the oil, fish sauce and sugar and whisk together.
Assemble the salad
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cabbage, green onions and cilantro and toss to mix well. Drizzle on the lime vinaigrette and toss to coat all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the salad among salad plates, top with the peanuts and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Simple Suppers, by Melanie Barnard (Oxmoor House, 2007).