Tuscan Braised Cannellini Beans with Grilled Sausages
- 3 cups dried cannellini beans
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Tuscan slow-cooking sauce*
- 3 to 4 cups chicken stock
- Salt, to taste
- 6 sweet Italian sausages
In a 4-quart braiser over medium heat, warm the 2 Tbs. olive oil. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the beans, the Tuscan slow-cooking sauce and 3 cups of the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook until the beans are tender, 3 to 4 hours, stirring once every hour and adding more stock as needed. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt.
Preheat an indoor electric grill on medium heat. Arrange the sausages on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until they are nicely grill-marked and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Transfer the sausages to a cutting board and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
Transfer the beans to individual bowls and arrange some of the sausages on top of each portion. Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately. Serves 12.
* Available in our retail stores.