Turkey and Roasted Red Pepper Panini
Taleggio cheese adds richness to our turkey panini. Produced in Italy's Lombardy region, this cow's milk cheese boasts a nutty, fruity flavor.
- 2 slices country-style bread, each 1/2 inch thick
- Olive oil for brushing
- 2 Tbs. mayonnaise
- 3 thin slices roasted turkey breast
- 2 Tbs. julienned roasted red bell pepper
- 1 slice taleggio or jack cheese
- 1/4 cup watercress, stemmed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat an electric panini maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil. Lay the slices, oiled side down, on a clean work surface. Spread the top of each slice with 1 Tbs. mayonnaise. Place the turkey on one slice and top with the bell pepper, cheese and watercress. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the other bread slice, oiled side up.
Place the sandwich on the preheated panini maker and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Transfer the sandwich to a cutting board and cut in half. Serve immediately. Serves 1.