Tropical Fruit Parfait
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and pitted
- 1 fresh papaya, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, peeled, sliced 1/4 inch thick and cored
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbs. sugar, plus more as needed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbs. Cointreau or rum
- 1 pint coconut ice cream or sorbet
Remove the ice cream from the freezer to soften until it can be easily scooped. Divide half of the fruit among 6 parfait or pilsner glasses. Add 1 medium scoop of ice cream to each glass and carefully press into the fruit. Divide the remaining fruit among the glasses, spooning it over the ice cream. Top each glass with one more scoop of ice cream. Place the parfaits in the freezer for up to 2 hours before serving. Serves 6.
Serving Tip: If this dessert is left in the freezer for more than 2 hours, the fruit will become too hard.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Collection Series, Fruit Dessert, by Carolyn Beth Weil (Simon & Schuster, 2004).