Tre Formaggi Frittata with Sausage
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 oz. Asiago cheese, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 oz. Provolone cheese, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tsp. olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 Creminelli sausages, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, both white and light green portions
- 1/4 cup finely diced roasted red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
In the deep half of a frittata pan over medium-high heat, warm the 1 tsp. olive oil. Add the sausages and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. Discard all but 1 tsp. of the fat in the pan.
Reduce the heat to medium, add the green onions and bell pepper and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and thyme and cook for 30 seconds. Add the sausages and egg mixture and cook, using a rubber spatula to gently lift the cooked edges and allow the uncooked eggs to flow underneath, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking until the eggs begin to set, about 4 minutes more.
Set the shallow half of the frittata pan over medium-low heat and brush lightly with olive oil. Place the shallow pan upside down on top of the deep pan and flip the frittata into the shallow pan. Cook, covered, until the eggs are set, about 6 minutes.
Gently shake the pan to loosen the frittata and slide it onto a serving plate. Serves 8 to 10.