Tarragon Chicken & Avocado Wrap
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 cups diced pan-seared chicken (see related
recipe at right)
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and coarsely
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 soft lavash or 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 small bunch watercress or arugula, tough stems removed
Finely grate 1 tsp. zest and squeeze 1 1/2 Tbs. juice from the lemon into a bowl. Add the mayonnaise and tarragon and stir to combine.
Assemble the chicken salad
Add the chicken and avocado to the dressing and toss gently to coat all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
Assemble the wraps
On a work surface, lay out the lavash. Divide the chicken salad equally among the 4 lavash, spreading the salad almost to the edges. Tear the watercress into small sprigs and scatter over the chicken salad. Fold the left and right sides over the filling about 1 inch on each side, then starting at the bottom, roll each into cylinders, enclosing the filling. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Simple Suppers, by Melanie Barnard (Oxmoor House, 2007).