Summer Vegetable and Sausage Frittatas
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 breakfast sausages, cut diagonally into
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbs. thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 Tbs. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled goat cheese (chèvre)
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until blended. Whisk in the cream and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the sausages, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, parsley, basil, the 1⁄4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and the goat cheese. Divide the egg mixture between the prepared dishes and top each with 1 Tbs. Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Bake until the frittatas are puffed and golden and a knife inserted into the center comes out almost clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.