“Stir-Less” Spinach Risotto with Pine Nuts
The name says it all! Yes, you do need to stir a little, but a lot less than when you’re making risotto the traditional way, thanks to Breville’s risotto plus. After you’ve sautéed the aromatics and given the rice a quick stir, the appliance does the rest, turning out perfectly cooked, creamy risotto. Serve it alongside our White Wine-Braised Chicken.
- 8 Tbs. (1 stick) (4 oz./125 g) unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (14 oz./440 g) Arborio rice
- 1 cup (8 fl. oz./250 ml) dry white wine
- 5 1/2 cups (44 fl. oz./1.35 l) chicken stock
- 2 cups (4 oz./125 g) finely chopped baby spinach
- 2 cups (8 oz./250 g) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (1 1/4 oz./40 g) pine nuts, toasted
Set a Breville risotto plus to the sauté function and preheat for 2 to 3 minutes. Melt 4 Tbs. of the butter in the risotto maker. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the rice and stir until the grains are well coated with butter and are nearly translucent with a white dot in the center, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the wine and stir until it is absorbed. Add the stock, cover and set the machine to the risotto function. Cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions until the machine beeps, about 30 minutes.
Remove the lid. Stir the rice, then stir in the remaining 4 Tbs. butter, the spinach and cheese until the butter melts. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Transfer the risotto to individual bowls and sprinkle with the pine nuts. Serve immediately. Serves 6.