Steaks with Herb Butter
- 3 Tbs. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 Tbs. snipped fresh chives
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 rib-eye steaks, each about 1 inch thick
In a small dish, stir together the butter, chives, rosemary, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
Cook the steaks
Meanwhile, prepare a hot fire in a grill and oil the grill rack. Or, preheat a broiler.
Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper, patting the seasonings firmly into the meat. Place the steaks on the grill rack, or put them on a baking sheet and place under the broiler. Cook, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes total for medium-rare, or until done to your liking.
Place each steak on a plate, top with the herb butter and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Weeknight, by Melanie Barnard (Oxmoor House, 2006).