Spring Salad with Radishes and Fresh Herbs
Tender spring greens, crunchy radishes and a bright vinaigrette come together in a simple toss-and-serve salad you’ll be craving all season long.
- 1/2-lb. (250-g) loaf sweet batard, crust removed, bread torn into
1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil plus 3/4 cup (6 fl. oz./180 ml)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) Champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 10 oz. (315 g) mixed baby greens
- 1 cup (1 oz./30 g) fresh herbs, such as parsley and chervil
leaves, dill fronds, snipped chives and torn basil leaves
- 5 radishes, very thinly sliced
- Shaved ricotta salata cheese for serving
Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C).
In a large bowl, toss the bread pieces with the 2 Tbs. olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake until golden brown and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Let the croutons cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice and mustard. Slowly whisk in the 3/4 cup (6 fl. oz./180 ml) olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together the baby greens, herbs and radishes with enough vinaigrette to lightly coat. Top with the croutons and cheese and serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.