- 1 lb. focaccia, cut crosswise into 4 pieces and split horizontally
- Olive oil as needed
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pitted black olives
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 32 slices salami
- 3 tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Fresh basil leaves as needed
Spray or brush both sides of the focaccia pieces with olive oil. Lay the bottom halves of the focaccia, cut sides up, on a work surface and sprinkle with the olives, dividing evenly. Top each with 2 cheese slices, 8 salami slices, 3 tomato slices and a layer of basil leaves. Cover the sandwiches with the top halves of the focaccia, cut sides down.
Place 2 of the sandwiches on the preheated panini press and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions until the cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and cut in half. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches. Serve immediately. Serves 4.