Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus
In this fresh take on classic hummus, we blend in roasted red bell peppers for bright color and smoky flavor.
- 2 cans (each 15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tsp. smoked sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp. toasted ground cumin seed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pita bread or pita chips and crudités for serving
In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, garlic, bell pepper, lemon juice, tahini, paprika and cumin and pulse until the mixture just comes together. With the processor running, slowly pour in the olive oil until incorporated. Season with salt. Serve with pita bread or pita chips and crudités for dipping. Makes about 3 cups.