Roasted Peppers with Anchovies
- 6 large, thick-walled bell peppers, preferably 2 each red, yellow and green
- 2 1/2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs. red wine vinegar, or to taste
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (2 oz.) anchovy fillets in olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
Place the pepper strips in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, 1 1/2 Tbs. wine vinegar and the garlic. Drain as many anchovy fillets as desired (see note) and finely mince them. Add to the pepper strips and season with salt. The peppers can be prepared up to this point several hours in advance and stored at room temperature.
Stir in the parsley and adjust the seasonings just before serving, adding a splash more vinegar if needed.