- Coarse salt for roasting, plus more, to taste
- 6 green onions, including about 2 inches of
green portion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small head radicchio, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 bunch watercress, stems removed
- 1/2 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, stems removed
- 20 large fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 lemons
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 24 oysters on the half shell
- 1/4 cup fine dried bread crumbs
In a food processor, combine the green onions, radicchio, watercress, parsley and basil. Process until evenly chopped. Set aside. Grate the zest from 1 of the lemons into a bowl, then juice the lemon, adding the juice to the bowl. Add the olive oil and vinegar and whisk until blended. Whisk in the mayonnaise and season with coarse salt and pepper. Fold in the herb mixture to form a creamy topping.
Using a thin-bladed knife, completely mask each oyster with about 1 Tbs. of the topping. Set the oysters snugly in the salt layer, allowing space around each one. Sprinkle about 1/2 tsp. of the bread crumbs on each oyster.
Roast until the crumbs are lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes. When the oysters are ready, divide them among the plates. Cut the remaining lemon into 6 wedges and garnish each serving with a wedge. Serve immediately.