Red or White Wine Marinade
This recipe can be made with red wine for beef and lamb or white wine for poultry. Large roasts and whole chickens can marinate for 1 to 3 days; the longer they marinate, the more flavor they will gain.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Servings: 12 Makes about 5 cups, enough for a large roast, leg of lamb or whole chicken.
- 1 bottle (about 3 1/2 cups) dry red or white wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme, rosemary
or tarragon, or 2 tsp. dried herb of choice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
In a large bowl, whisk together the wine, olive oil, onion, parsley, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Use immediately or refrigerate in a tightly covered jar for up to 2 days.