Mustard-Herb Rotisserie Chicken with Green Salad
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. herbes de Provence, crushed in a
mortar with a pestle
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt, plus more, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 chicken, about 5 lb., rinsed and patted dry
- Butter lettuce leaves for serving
Season the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the spit of a rotisserie oven according to the manufacturer's instructions. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, away from the bone, registers 170°F, about 2 hours.
Remove the chicken from the spit and transfer to a cutting board. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
Place the butter lettuce leaves in a salad bowl. Carve the chicken and arrange the meat on top. Serves 4.