Lobster and Butter Lettuce Salad
- 1 live lobster, about 1 lb.
- 2 Tbs. Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads butter lettuce, torn into large pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into slices
1/4 inch thick
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh chives
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, half of the tarragon, salt and pepper. Add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth and blended.
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce with about 2 Tbs. of the vinaigrette and gently toss to coat the lettuce evenly. Transfer the lettuce to a chilled platter.
In the same bowl, combine the lobster meat with about 1 Tbs. of the vinaigrette and gently toss to coat the lobster evenly. Scatter the lobster over the lettuce and garnish with the avocado and grapefruit. Sprinkle with the chives and the remaining tarragon and serve immediately. Pass the remaining vinaigrette alongside.