Lemon-Herb Chicken Breasts
- 3 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus
shredded zest for garnish (optional)
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary, plus whole
leaves and sprigs for garnish (optional)
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper, to taste
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. Oil the grill rack and position it about 6 inches from the heat source.
Grill the chicken breasts, turning once, until firm to the touch and opaque throughout, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken breasts to a cutting board and cut on the diagonal against the grain into slices 1/2 inch thick, capturing any carving juices, if possible.
Arrange the chicken slices on a warmed serving platter and drizzle any carving juices over the top. Sprinkle with rosemary leaves and sprigs and shredded lemon zest. Serves 8.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Entertaining, by George Dolese (Oxmoor House, 2004).