Get dinner on the table in a flash with the help of our lemon-caper sauté-simmer sauce. Inspired by classic Italian piccata, it combines tangy lemon, dry white wine and shallots with roasted garlic and sweet caramelized onion. Italian parsley, capers and a dash of red pepper add bright flavor.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, each about 6 oz.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 jar lemon-caper sauté-simmer sauce
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- Thin lemon slices for garnish
Preheat an oven to 350°F.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil until just smoking. Add the chicken and sear until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Add the sauce and bring to a simmer. Cover the pan, transfer to the oven and cook until the chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Garnish the chicken with parsley and lemon slices and serve immediately. Serves 6.