Italian Loaf with Turkey, White Cheddar and Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, including tender green tops,
- 1 loaf ciabatta, about 6 inches wide and 12 to 14
- 1 jar whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 to 1 lb. sliced roast turkey breast
- 1/4 lb. sliced white cheddar cheese
- 3 cups arugula
In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and green onions, mixing well. Cut the ciabatta in half horizontally and spread the cut sides with the mayonnaise mixture. Spread one side of the bread with the cranberry sauce. Top with the turkey, cheese and arugula. Cover with the other bread half. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours to allow the flavors to mingle and to hold the loaf together for easy slicing.
To serve, cut the loaf into slices 2 inches wide, or place on a wooden cutting board and allow guests to slice and serve the sandwich themselves. Serves 6 to 8.