Individual Green Smoothie
This healthy single serving of green smoothie makes a filling breakfast or post-workout snack.
- 1/2 cup (2 oz./60 g) ice cubes
- 1/4 cup (1 1/2 oz./45 g) frozen mango or pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup (1/4 oz./7 g) fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 green apple, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup (1 1/2 oz./45 g) peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) chopped kale leaves
- 1/4 lemon, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 orange, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup (1 1/2 oz./45 g) green grapes
In the to-go cup of a Vitamix S30 Personal Blender, place the ingredients in the order listed, with the ice cubes on the bottom and the grapes on the top. Screw the blade base onto the to-go cup and invert onto the base of the blender (the ice cubes should now be on the top). Blend on low 10 seconds, then gradually increase the speed to the highest setting until smoothly pureed, about 1 minute. Makes about 1 1/2 cups (12 fl. oz./375 ml).
Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen