- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 salmon fillets, each 6 oz., pin bones
- 1 Tbs. cedar smoking chips
- Potato latkes for serving (see related
recipe at left)
- Sour cream for serving
Heat a stovetop smoker on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Put the smoking chips in the bottom of the smoking pan, reduce the heat to medium and place the rack in the smoker. Brush the rack lightly with oil.
Place the salmon, skin side down, on the smoker rack. Cover and smoke until the fish is opaque throughout, 20 to 25 minutes, depending on the thickness.
Serve immediately with potato latkes and sour cream. Serves 4.