Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs. crushed dried rosemary
- 1 Tbs. crushed dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 racks of lamb, Frenched
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
In a small bowl, stir together the lemon zest, garlic, rosemary, thyme and the 1/4 cup olive oil. Spread the mixture evenly over the racks of lamb, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
Preheat an oven to 400ºF.
Season the racks of lamb with salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm the 2 Tbs. oil. Add the lamb and cook until browned on both sides, about 7 minutes total. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook until the lamb is well browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the racks, away from the bone, registers 130ºF for medium-rare, about 15 minutes, or until done to your liking.
Transfer the racks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Carve into individual chops and serve the lemon wedges alongside.