Halibut Skewers with Arugula Salad
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 tsp. salt, plus more, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 7 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 1/4 lb. halibut fillet, cut into large cubes
- 4 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 small plum tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 red onion, cut into slivers
- 1/2 lb. arugula
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
Prepare a hot fire in a grill or preheat a broiler. Soak 4 bamboo skewers in water until needed.
In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, tarragon, the 1/2 tsp. salt and a pinch of pepper. Gradually whisk in 6 Tbs. of the olive oil until smooth.
Cook the halibut
Thread the halibut onto the skewers. Brush the fish with the remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil, and season all sides with salt and pepper.
Place the skewers on the grill rack and cook, turning occasionally with tongs, until the halibut is opaque throughout, about 5 minutes. Or, arrange the skewers on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the broiler. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes total.
Assemble the salad
Add the zucchini, tomatoes, onion, arugula and pine nuts to the dressing and toss to coat evenly. Divide the salad among individual plates, top with the skewers of halibut and serve immediately. Serve 4.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Salad, by Brigit L. Binns (Oxmoor House, 2007).