Gruyère and Prosciutto Oven Omelette
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 oz. prosciutto or ham, julienned
- 2 cups shredded Gruyère or Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sourdough French bread cubes (1/2-inch
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
In a large bowl, beat the eggs until blended. Stir in the milk, salt, nutmeg, prosciutto and cheese until evenly distributed. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared baking dish.
In a small bowl, toss the bread cubes with the olive oil to coat. Scatter the bread cubes evenly over the egg mixture.
Bake until the omelette is golden brown on top and slightly puffed, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve hot, cut into wedges. Serves 6 to 8.