Focaccia with Havarti, Arugula and Eggplant Spread
- 1 focaccia bread, about 7 by 12 inches
- 1 container baba ghanoush or other roasted
- 1/2 lb. Havarti cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil,
drained and julienned
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cut the sandwich into 8 equal portions. Place each portion in a waxed-paper bag and seal the bag with an adhesive label. Refrigerate until serving. Serves 8.
Make-Ahead Tip: Place each sandwich portion in a waxed-paper bag, seal with an adhesive label and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Easy Entertaining, by George Dolese (Simon & Schuster, 2005).