Fava Bean & Corn Salad with Fresh Mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups shelled fresh fava beans (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 8 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
Add the fava beans to the pot and cook until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Slip the fava beans from their skins.
In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar. Stir in the corn, fava beans, radishes, mint, 1/2 tsp salt and a few grindings of pepper. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Serves 4.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Eat Well, by Charity Ferreira (Oxmoor House, 2008).