Farro and Quinoa Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Hearty and healthful, this salad is packed with nutrient-dense foods, including farro, quinoa and pomegranate. Celery and fennel add a pleasing crunch to the mix.
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked and cooled farro
- 1/2 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup celery leaves
- 1/2 fennel bulb, thinly shaved
- 1/4 cup fennel fronds
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
In a small bowl, whisk together the pomegranate juice, lemon juice, mustard and shallot. Slowly whisk in the 3 Tbs. olive oil, and season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together the farro, quinoa, sliced celery, celery leaves, shaved fennel, fennel fronds, parsley and pomegranate seeds. Stir in the vinaigrette until well combined. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and serve. Serves 4.